Guidelines for Initial Meeting with Host Supervisor
- After the coordinator makes the internship assignment, the student and host supervisor should schedule an appointment to meet.
- The student and host supervisor should work together to create a mutually acceptable work schedule, negotiate duties and responsibilities, and communicate all needs and expectations before the actual work begins.
- The student and host supervisor will answer the following questions:
- Who will train and supervise the student on a daily basis?
- How much time will be spent to train the student (estimated)?
- Will the student participate in any ongoing projects?
- Will the student have a written list of duties or a job description?
- How will the host supervisor communicate feedback to the student regarding job performance or progress?
- Does the list of duties require any previous training or skills in a particular area, such as word processing or experience with a specific software program?